- Vibe - Yuppie / Quiet / Laid-back
- Nightlife - Good
- Dining - Excellent
- Convenience - Excellent
- Walk to the Loop (work) and West Loop (dining, nightlife, groceries)
- Commuter's Dream - you can't be closer to trains or highways
- Access to the Milwaukee (#56), Halsted (#8), and Madison (#20) buses
- Commercial feel and traffic on weekdays
- Few quick-service dining options on weekends
- Inconvenient for the CTA Red Line and Lakeshore
West Loop Gate has the pulse of downtown Chicago on weekdays, but quiets down dramatically on weekends. Proximity to the Loop, train stations, and highways, makes commuting a breeze for urban professionals, while a short walk brings the excellent culture and convenience of the West Loop. The area is more commercial than residential, but still boasts several “best of” destinations for Chicago dining and nightlife.
Live here if you hate commuting. A short walk brings you to the Loop, River North, Union or Ogilvie Stations, and major Chicagoland highways (90/94 and 290).
For those looking to avoid the weekday rush or grab Sunday brunch, Lou Mitchell’s has served classic diner fare to U.S. Presidents and West Loop Gate residents since 1923, while Yolk has become one of the most popular breakfast spots in Chicago.
The neighborhood’s French Market is one of the best lunch destinations in Chicago. This year-round, indoor bazaar offers an incredible variety of vendors and cuisines from all over the world.
It is hard to decide where to eat!
After lunch, feel free to wrap up "work" with a view of the river.
After work, West Loop Gate residents have convenient access to Walgreen's, Mariano's, and Whole Foods.
West Loop Gate residents typically retire to high or mid-rise full-amenity buildings or converted lofts.
On weekends, the dining and nightlife of West Loop are a short walk away.
If this sounds like your kind of neighborhood, check out the best rated buildings in West Loop Gate below!
Top Rated Buildings in West Loop Gate
- R+D 659 - 659 West Randolph Street
- Catalyst - 123 North Desplaines Street
- Park Alexandria - 125 South Jefferson Street
- Haberdasher Square Lofts - 728 West Jackson Boulevard
- Metropolitan Place - 130 South Canal Street